Social Icons

Pages

Friday 11 October 2013

MT. BATULAO Continued

MT. BATULAO *Submit-Old Trail*

Where am I? This was exactly the first thing that came to my mind, I asked myself over and over again, I later decided to face reality and tell myself that I am really on a mountain, and the worst part is that  I miss my bed L


















I got out from the tent; everyone was up already and about making breakfast. I was so relieved that I didn’t have to make breakfast LOL. We all sat down and ate.


Despite the fact that I had something to eat already, I still felt like having my cup noodles, so I helped myself with hot water and made my noodles.  After breakfast, we packed up our tents and looked at the sky; it looked like it was going to rain again*RME*

Our bags were already packed and our leaders were saying we had to confirm first if we could climb because it was dangerous. After a long ass time of waiting, we finally got a call that we could ascend to the submit. We had to drop our bags at the camp site with another batch that was also from our school, they had a different itenary from us.


We were told that the climb should be hands free, we needed just our essentials, water and a camera if we need be. We prayed first before we started the climb which gave me a bit of courage. As we started our hike it became so rocky and hard to keep up with the trail leader, there were some points where we had to use both our hands, I looked back at the view and realized it really wouldn’t be funny if I fall, on the bright side; it was such a great view. ... I actually imagined what my parents would say if I actually fall LOL, they would ask if they sent me to Philippines to climb a mountain.


I thought it would get colder as we go further but I kept sweating and I was like yes I am losing weight LOL.  We got so high up I actually thought we were there already because we came across a 90degrees barrier and there was a rope there to aid our climb, we went up using that and honestly I don’t know how I did it, I think I just spidered my way up, excuse my choice of words. Still we needed to walk up just a little bit and finally we were at the summit.

The view was so good, all I wanted to do was just stay there and enjoy the moment, they even had coconut vendors at the summit who sold the coconuts to us and when the coconut was cut it was pink according to them fresh. When I looked at the view again I told myself I would climb more mountains. J



















How to get to Mt. Batulao

From Buendia

  • ·         Take a bus going to Batangas “Nasugbu” which will take 2-3hrs depending on manila traffic
  • ·         Stop at Evercrest golf course Batangas
  • ·         Take a tricycle to the jump off.


Hiking essentials for Day climb

  • ·         2-3liters of water
  • ·         Raincoat
  • ·         First-aid kit
  • ·         Trail food
  • ·         Extra cloths
  • ·         Personal items
  • ·         whistle


Hiking essentials for a night climb


  • ·         Food ”Dinner and breakfast” depends on climb
  • ·         Trail Foods
  • ·         Raincoat
  •              First-aid kit
  • ·         2 Sets of cloths
  • ·         3L of water “least”
  • ·         Utensils
  • ·         Headlamp “extra Just in case”
  • ·         Cooking set with propane
  • ·         Tent-with flysheet
  • ·         Ground sheet
  • ·         Whistle




Expenses *Day climb*

·         Bus from Buendia to Nasugbu – 120-132pesos-(depends “student discount”)
·        Tricycle to jump off- 20pesos
·         Registration -20pesos
·         Coconut juice or mountain dew- 25pesos (also depends on what you want to get)
Total: 349pesos


Extra Expense

Shower: 25pesos
Toilet: 10pesos for pooping 5pesos for peeing
Shoe cleaning: 10pesos
Tour guide: 300pesos “for a group”

Note: it is advisable to always go with nothing less than 5-6 peoples when climbing, also do not liter the mountain always endeavor to carry your trash back with you and dispose it properly.


Thank you and I hope you visit Mt. Batulao

“Do not change the mountain let the mountain change YOU”

1 comment:

 

Sample text

Sample Text